Thursday 22 November 2012

A London Outing.


Last week I escaped the studio to Somerset House to see Tim Walker's 'Storyteller' exhibition. It really was my Vogue-reading-teenage-self's ultimate dream. The photographs were totally enthralling; the sets and prop design had me staring open mouthed. They are so incredibly decadent, playing out fantasies that are so visually satisfying that I kept forgetting to look at what the models were actually wearing. Being able to see the unbelievable scale and detail of the props added to the appreciation of each photo shoot (I still don't understand how you would go about creating a giant bee). It was lovely to appreciate his work in a larger scale and off the magazine pages. For further reading of what all the fuss is about, visit his website here.

For more visual treats we wandered to see the little Su Blackwell 'Sleeping Beauty' exhibition at the Kings Road Anthropologie. I had never been before and I can finally understand the Anthropologie hype, it was so beautifully curated, far beyond what you would expect from such a shop. It made me very proud to have my work selling in there...

 After a tiring morning's exploring, we treated ourselves to tea in the Rose Bakery at the top of Dover Street Market where we sat and listened to the fashion types' chit chat over the perfect pot of tea. Worth a visit, even if a scone was pretty much all I could afford in there...






No comments: